2016 – 2017
- Kitty Gogins, President | Business Consultant
- Mark Kalla, Vice President | Partner, Lapp, Libra, Thomson, Stoebner & Pusch, Chartered
- Carolyn Nestingen, Treasurer | Retired, Attorney
- Glen Skovholt, Secretary | Retired, Honeywell
- Jean Bovee | Human Resources Specialist
- Victor Cedeño | Director of Networks and Education, Policy Generation Next
- Zhu “June” Cheng | Attorney, Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
- Dave Depaepe | Business Manager and Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Jeffrey L. Mandel, MD | Retired, Internal Medicine Physician
- Mary Miklethun | SVP Regulatory Oversight & Customer Advocacy, U.S. Bank
- Gerry Nolte | Economist
- Kate Tilney | Evaluation Consultant
- Chair: Dr. Jeff Mandel
- Members: Jean Bovee, Michael Donahue, Carol Garbisch, Jane Graupman, Glen Skovholt
- Summary: To oversee the expansion of the Institute
Capital Campaign Committee
- Chair: Kate Tilney
- Members: Dave DePaepe, Kitty Gogins
- Summary: To assist in raising capital funds for the expansion of the Institute
- Chair: Kitty Gogins
- Members: Mark Kalla, Carolyn Nestingen, Glen Skovholt
- Summary: To guide and direct the overall governance of the board and organization and to ensure current operations conform with articles and bylaws
Festival of Nations Committee
- Chair: Victor Cedeño
- Members: June Cheng, Kitty Gogins
- Summary: To plan, organize, execute, and ensure the long-term viability of the Festival of Nations
Fiscal & Administration Committee
- Chair: Carolyn Nestingen
- Members: Mark Kalla, Jeff Mandel, Gerry Nolte, Mary Miklethun
- Summary: To assist the Board in discharging its responsibilities relating to the fiscal and administrative management of the Institute
Outreach & Development Committee
- Chair: Jean Bovee
- Members: June Cheng, Dave DePaepe, Gerry Nolte, Mary Miklethun
- Summary: To support fundraising, events, and public relations for the Institute
Join the Board
Are you interested in joining the Institute’s Board of Directors or serving on a Committee? Please read the board member responsibilities and goals (below) and complete a Board Member Inquiry Survey.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Personally contribute money to the Institute. (We encourage 100% board participation in order to show potential grantors that we fully support the organization.)
- Actively promote the Institute through fundraisers, press events and releases.
- Complete pre-reading and other needed preparation, attend and contribute to at least three of five board meetings per year.
- Actively participate in at least two committees per calendar year or chair one committee.
Goals for Board Investment
The Institute would like to fully engage each board member in the Institute’s success through leveraging board member connections, resources, talent, and skills. Each board member should pick any two of the following to complete annually:
- Contribute at least $1,000. All members will also be expected to contribute to the capital campaign.
- Facilitate the Institute receiving a matching donation from the Foundation(s) at your organization (current or former).
- Volunteer with programs at the Institute.
- Make a significant in-kind contribution of your professional services.
- Introduce work and personal contacts to the Institute.