This Advanced English class prepares adult refugees, immigrants, and asylees for success on the GED. In person, students learn academic English grammar, and strengthen their speaking, reading, writing, listening, and computer skills. Online, students are given access to biology, chemistry, anatomy, history, civics, and math. The Link class meets both in person and online.
Class schedule: Monday – Thursday, 8:45 – 11:45 a.m.
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Classes meet 15 hours a week: 12 hours English language + 3 hours math
- Students are assigned homework to be completed online
- Tutoring available
- Students must take placement exam.
- Registration: Wednesdays at 2 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- Students may have refugee, asylee, or immigrant status.