The Evening English Language program offers four levels of language and skills training for adults to improve English listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills. Classes are student-centered and interactive. We welcome students from all backgrounds–both visitors and residents. Regular sessions meet twice per week for 10 weeks for a total of 40 classroom hours.
Spring 2017: April 11-June 15, 2017
- Currently in session
- Grammar and Pronunciation classes meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings; 6:30 – 8:30p.m. Cost: $225
- Academic Test Preparation class meets Wednesday evening; 6:30 – 8:30p.m. Cost: $200
Summer Intensive 2017: July 11-August 17, 2017
- Testing/Registration July 5 & 6 at 6:30 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- 6 weeks – classes meet Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings; 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- New students: $250 + textbook
- Returning students: $225 + textbook
- $30 – $45 textbook – available at front desk
- Payment may be made in cash, checks made out to the International Institute of Minnesota, or by credit card
- Certificates of Completion provided at last class. Classes are pass/fail.
- Class space is limited to 8 – 18 students; average 10 students
- Wednesday tutor provided (depending on availability)
- The Institute does not provide I20 paperwork or help with acquiring visas for study in the United States. No documents are required to attend.
- Teachers are trained in the Communicative Language Teaching methodology and use a variety of teaching strategies and activities that encourage student participation and engagement
- Students must be 18+ years old for admission; 16+ for the Summer Intensive course
- Refund policy: 50% of the class fee if notified 5 days after class start date; 0% thereafter
- All classes and testing held on site
- 1694 Como Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108
Class Level Descriptions:
- Intermediate Grammar – grammar focus and day-to-day English use to communicate with confidence
- Advanced Grammar– essential grammar and an emphasis on writing skills for academic and work settings
- Advanced Conversation and Pronunciation – improve fluency, pronunciation, intercultural communications, and learn everyday American expressions
- Academic Test Prep – focus on the skills necessary to take high-level academic English tests – Wednesdays only
If you would like further information or to enroll in class, please contact Stacy Dietrich.