The Evening English Language program offers language and skills training for adults to improve English listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills. Classes are student-centered and interactive. We welcome students from all backgrounds–both visitors and residents. Evening classes start at an intermediate level. If you are interested in beginning level, please see the English for Work education page.
Fall 2017: September 12 – November 16
*Testing/Registration Tuesday and Wednesday, September 5 and 6 at 6:30 p.m. (no appointment necessary)
- All English classes meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings; 6:30 – 8:30p.m.
- *No Academic Test Preparation this session*
- *All refugees, immigrants, asylees, and citizens should talk to Stacy*
- New students: $250 + textbook
- Returning students: $225 + textbook
- $30 – $45 textbook – available at front desk
- Payment may be made in cash, checks made out to the International Institute of Minnesota, or by credit card
- Certificates of Completion provided at last class. Classes are pass/fail.
- Class space is limited to 8 – 18 students; average 10 students
- Wednesday tutor provided (depending on availability)
- The Institute does not provide I20 paperwork or help with acquiring visas for study in the United States. No documents are required to attend.
- Teachers are trained in the Communicative Language Teaching methodology and use a variety of teaching strategies and activities that encourage student participation and engagement
- Students must be 18+ years old for admission; 16+ for the Summer Intensive course
- Refund policy: 50% of the class fee if notified 5 days after class start date; 0% thereafter
- All classes and testing held on site
- 1694 Como Ave, St. Paul, MN 55108
Class Level Descriptions:
- Intermediate Grammar – grammar focus and day-to-day English use to communicate with confidence
- Advanced Grammar– essential grammar and an emphasis on academic and work settings
- Advanced Conversation and Pronunciation – improve fluency, pronunciation, intercultural communications, and learn everyday American expressions
- Academic Test Prep – focus on the skills necessary to take high-level academic English tests
If you would like further information or to enroll in class, please contact Stacy Dietrich at 651-647-0191 ext. 340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, to begin the registration process, complete the form below: