This position will assist CNA/NAR students in navigating the cultural norms and needs of job hunting in today’s market, mostly in making resumes and helping with 1:1 job searches. The intern will also assist the program with administrative duties, including data entry. This nationally recognized NAR Program is an employment training program for New Americans interested in the medical field. Our NAR students are filling needed positions and contribute to the care of the elderly and ill in our society.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in learning about immigrant and refugee communities
- Candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be able to pay attention to detail
- Candidate must be comfortable talking with limited English proficient clients, primarily over the telephone
- Due to COVID-19, the applicant must be willing to work remotely
- Candidate must have access to a computer, an internet connection, and a quiet working space
- Candidate must have knowledge on how to use the Zoom platform, or a willingness to learn
Primary Duties Include:
- Assisting the Lead Employment Counselor with job hunting activities for nursing assistant graduates:
- Maintaining and updating databases of employers, including verifying employment of students
- Helping with job applications, creating resumes, and practicing job interviewing
- Researching and updating information on possible employers
- Help make follow-up and tracking calls of graduated students
- Assisting with other potential tasks as needed, including:
- Special projects that may be assigned
- Data entry and general clerical duties; phone calls
- Must be available for a minimum of 10-20 hours per week
- Must be able to complete a 3-6 month long internship commitment
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complete the internship application form. Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.