For 88 years the Festival of Nations has inspired people throughout the region to discover more about our world and embrace the rich cultural diversity brought to us by immigrants from around the globe. The Events Intern will assist with the overall implementation of the International Institute of Minnesota’s Festival of Nations. This internship will include aspects of event planning, including logistics, communications and promotion, volunteer engagement, and implementation of the four-day Festival (April 30-May 3, 2020).
Individual may perform and gain experience in the following activities:
- Special events coordination
- Volunteer engagement
- Committee meeting management
- Public relations
- Media relations
- Attend and assist with the event on dates
- Event (music, theater, wedding) planning experience preferred
- Basic graphic design skills (print and digital advertising) are desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (email, phone, face-to-face)
- Superb organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Passionate for and about promoting multicultural spaces
Value to the Intern:
Interns will learn about the inner workings of the Festival of Nations and gain experience with planning and hosting a multi-stage, multi-day event.
Time Commitment and Additional Information:
This internship is available January-mid May 2020. Candidates should be able to commit at least 8 consecutive weeks for approximately 7.5-15 hours per week. The work schedule may shift depending on needs and leading into the event. The Events Intern must be available the 2 weeks prior to the Festival of Nations and is required to attend at least one day of the Festival (April 30-May 3, 2020).
Email your resume and a statement about why you’re interested in this position to our volunteer coordinator, Mahima Gupta at MGupta@iimn.org.