The Refugee Reunification Intern will assist Institute staff with Affidavits of Relationship (AOR) and I-730 Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions. These programs reunite refugees abroad with family members in the U.S. Training is provided and you will be supervised by Institute program staff throughout your internship.
- Experience in the customer service field and strong communication skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with computers and the Internet
- A strong interest in learning about immigrant and refugee communities
- Preferred if candidate can speak at least one of the following languages: Somali, Oromo, Swahili, French, Arabic, Karen
Primary Duties Include:
- Assist refugee and asylee clients with family reunification questionnaire
- Complete case notes, update databases and complete immigration-related research
- Go over client agreements and timeline
- Respond to clients’ basic questions about the family reunification process
- Minimum of 7.5 hours/week for 4 months. Willing to consider less weekly hours if commitment can be made for more than 4 months.
- Hours are Thursday, 5:00-8:00 and Fridays from 9:00-5:00
Complete the internship application form. Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.