The Career Advancement Intern will assist students in IIMN’s Hospitality Program in the online classroom and in the job search process. The Career Advancement Intern will work directly with students in the Professional Leadership class. Students in this class have worked in the US for at least 6 months and are looking to advance in their careers. They are exploring opportunities in both the workplace and higher education. Students who complete this class will have the opportunity to participate in an internship as well as earn college credit by through one on one assessments through Minneapolis Technical College.
Interns who have enjoyed this internship in the past have been patient, detail-oriented, energetic, comfortable with independent problem-solving, and interested in tutoring.
- Interest in ESL learners and ability to work with diverse groups of students
- Good communication and computer skills
- Ability to work flexibly, independently problem solve, and identify solutions to issues that arise
- Collaborates well with a diverse team in decision-making and project development
- Demonstrated interest in refugee and immigrant issues
- Trouble shooting technical issues in online classes
- Address individual student needs, tutoring
- Proctor Northstar Digital Literacy tests
- Model excellent employee behavior
- Assist in job search appointments with clients and the Employment Navigator
- Support students one on one as needed in the job search
- Support students in the internship and college credit process
- Part-time, minimum of 15 hours/week.
- Required to be available Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10am – 1pm
Complete the internship application form. Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.
Send resume and cover letter directly to Lynn Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.