The Program Evaluation Intern works closely with case managers and program managers in the Refugee Services department to obtain feedback from clients who have recently completed program services within the department. The Program Evaluation Intern’s time will be focused on completing surveys with former clients, providing appropriate referrals as needed, and analyzing and reporting on the survey data collected. This position will be supervised by IIMN program staff throughout the internship. International Institute of Minnesota is closed to volunteers and clients due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Until the Institute reopens, interns must be willing and able to conduct volunteer responsibilities from home.
- Energetic with a positive attitude and comfortable in a cross-cultural environment
- Flexible, able to multitask, and willing to learn
- Experience with program evaluation and interviewing preferred
- Second language ability, particularly Spanish, Somali, Karen, French, or Kiswahili preferred
- Access to computer and experience using Microsoft products
- Candidate must consent to a criminal background check
- Should have reliable internet and be willing to use personal cell phone to make calls
- All Institute interns are required to confirm they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to beginning their internship.
Primary Duties Include:
- Assist in developing client feedback surveys. This may include doing minor research and reading on best practices.
- Conduct phone interviews with former clients of the Refugee Services department.
- Input survey data using SurveyMonkey and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Report writing and analysis
- Present findings and suggestions at department staff meetings
- Use professional interpreters when needed
- Minimum of 10-15 hours/week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm (days and times are flexible)
- Priority given to candidates who can commit to full semester or three months
Complete the internship application form. Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.