The Refugee Reunification Intern will assist Institute staff with Affidavit of Relationship (AOR) and Central American Minor (CAM) AOR applications. The AOR program reunites refugees abroad with family members in the U.S. Training is provided and you will be supervised by Institute program staff throughout your internship.
- Should be energetic with a positive attitude and be comfortable in a cross-cultural environment
- Should be flexible, able to multitask, and willing to learn
- Must speak Somali or Spanish fluently
- Should have experience with computers and Microsoft products
- Candidate must be able to pass a background check
Primary Duties Include:
- Gather all documents and information needed for AOR application
- Call Anchors with information regarding case updates – appointments, etc.
- Send letters
- Organize and prepare files
- Schedule appointments
- Help identify potential grants or other funding sources for Central American Minors in the U.S.
- Teach refugees to use public transportation (at least two appointments per month)
- Minimum of 10 hours/week
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (days and times are flexible)
- Priority given to candidates who can commit to full semester or 3 months