Your in-kind donations help refugees, asylees, survivors of trafficking, unaccompanied children and other New Americans by providing essential tools to thrive at work, school and home.
Refugee Department Needs
See our Amazon Wish List for current needs; you are welcome to purchase these or similar items elsewhere and bring to the Institute (1694 Como Ave., St. Paul) during business hours. If you prefer to make a financial contribution, you can donate online.
- School supplies (backpacks, pencils, notebooks)
- Housing items (laundry soap, detergent, bath towels)
- Employment supplies (lunch boxes, water bottles, food containers)
- Gift cards (grocery stores, Target, Walmart, Metro Transit)
- Toiletry items (shampoo, deodorant, soap, maxi pads)
- Diapers (every size except 2) and baby wipes
- Bilingual books (English/Spanish)
- Shopping carts for public transit (see below)
If you have larger items to donate or household items not on our list, we encourage you to donate your items to our partner Bridging.
Cart donations: We are seeking cart donations to assist our New American clients with transporting their shopping goods. Grocery shopping without a car presents all sorts challenges to our clients who rely primarily on public transportation. A cart will greatly reduce logistical and food security risks faced by New Americans and help them achieve self sufficiency. Carts cost as low as $24-$40 and can be shipped or brought to the Institute.
Education Department Needs
See our English class Amazon Wish List.
In-kind Donations Contact: Mathew Lauer, MLauer@iimn.org