Your in-kind donations help refugees, asylees, survivors of trafficking, unaccompanied children and other New Americans by providing essential tools to thrive at work, school and home.
Donate Items Through our Amazon Wish List
Through the Institute’s Amazon Wish List, you can purchase our most-needed items of the season and they will ship directly to our office! Click here to shop for donations. Thank you!
Organize a Housing Donation Drive
February 2022 Update: Now scheduling donation drive drop-offs for April 2022! We plan to begin accepting donation drives at 1694 Como Avenue in early April.
In the upcoming year, the International Institute of Minnesota will be welcoming newly arrived refugee families from around the world, including those from Afghanistan. You can help support this work by organizing a Housing Donation Drive. Drive organizers play an essential role in welcoming new families by sourcing a complete set of donations from friends, family or through service opportunities.
Housing Donation Drive Organizers:
- Commit to collecting a complete set of essential items that a family needs on move-in day. Please click here to view or print the list of supplies needed for each donation drive.
- A complete set includes at least 92 items. Some of those are larger items like bedding sets, but 25 of them are clothes hangers!
- We also provide a list of “bonus items” like baking sheets and rugs that are helpful, but not required for a set to be considered complete.
- Online wish lists, Facebook/Instagram/Venmo fundraisers, or in-person collection boxes may be useful strategies for bringing community into your project.
- Sort and count supplies, checking for quality to ensure they are fit for distribution.
- Once all items have been collected, schedule a donation drop-off for after April 1, 2022 by contacting Hayat Mohamed at HMohamed@iimn.org or 651-377-8663
- Due to the Institute’s COVID-19 policy and use of temporary space while our Como Ave building is being renovated, we do not have staff available for unscheduled drop off.
For more information, please contact Hayat Mohamed, Volunteer & Community Partnerships Manager at HMohamed@iimn.org or 651-377-8663