This Advanced English class prepares adult refugees, immigrants, and asylees for success on the GED. In person, students learn academic English grammar, and strengthen their speaking, reading, writing, listening, and computer skills. Online, students are given access to biology, chemistry, anatomy, history, civics, and math. Advanced English is connected to the English for Work program. All students have access to English for Work afternoon classes.
Class schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Classes meet 16 hours a week
- Access to math classes, computer classes, conversation practice, and driver’s education
- Students must take placement exam.
- Registration: Wednesdays at 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (no appointment necessary).
- Students of all statuses are welcome at registration.