English for Work classes teach adult refugees, immigrants, citizens, and asylees all levels of English from literacy to pre-college readiness. Classes are free. Students learn academic English grammar, speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills. Students also receive computer training, work readiness, life skills, and access community resources. Students in The English for Work program also receive access to community fieldtrips courtesy of the Saint Anthony Park Community Foundation. Classes meet MFIP requirements, although students do not need to be receiving MFIP to attend class.
Class schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Classes continue throughout the year – open enrollment
- Tutoring available
- English students also have access to math classes, computer classes, conversation practice and driver’s education
- Registration: Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (no appointment necessary).
- Students of all statuses are welcome at registration.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Students practice their conversational English with volunteers
- Tuesdays from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- All instructional materials are available online.
For more information or to enroll in class, contact Emily Hipps.