The Spanish language program offers five levels of language learning for adults wishing to learn, improve, and practice their Spanish language skills. Four terms are offered per year (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer Intensive). The courses are student-centered, interactive, and taught in an intimate, casual, and professional learning atmosphere with an average of 12 students per class. Teachers are trained in the Communicative Language Teaching methodology and use a variety of teaching strategies and activities to encourage student participation and engagement. For more information about class levels, read the Class Level Descriptions.
Fall 2018: September 11 – November 15
- Classes meet once a week on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings; 6:30 – 8:30p.m. (see schedule below)
- Cost: new students requiring testing: $225, returning and beginning students: $200
Winter 2019: January 2019 – March 2019
- $200 per semester/session (20 classroom hours) – payment is required to reserve your place in class
- $25 one-time, new student registration/testing fee
- $25 textbook – available at front desk. One book covers 3 levels
- Payment may be made in cash, checks made out to the International Institute of Minnesota, or by credit card at the front desk or over the phone
Class schedule varies depending on student interest and teacher availability.
Beginning 1: Wednesdays *fall 2018 class is full*
Beginning 2: Tuesdays
Beginning 3: Wednesdays
Intermediate 1: Tuesdays
Intermediate 2: Wednesdays
- Classes meet once per week for 10 weeks (20 hours) during academic school year
- Summer Intensive classes meet 2 evenings a week for 5 weeks (20 hours)
- Students must be 18+ years old for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sessions; 16+ for Summer Intensive
- New students with previous Spanish language experience must take assessment/placement test to determine their correct level
- Assessments offered evenings prior to class start dates – no appointment necessary
- Classes are offered depending upon enrollment, all efforts are made to accommodate personal schedules
- Refund policy: 50% of the class fee if notified 5 days after class start date; 0% thereafter
- All instructors are experienced and are native speakers or have earned advanced degrees in Spanish with an emphasis in Education, Latin American Studies, or relevant areas of study
- Students are not letter graded; classes are pass/fail
- Certificates of Completion provided at final class; CEUs from Minnesota Department of Education also provided upon request
- All classes and workshops are held on site:
- 1694 Como Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
- 1694 Como Ave.
- Free parking
- Each level incorporates cultural lectures and discussion, current events, art, music, and practices speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar
- For more information about class levels, read the Class Level Descriptions
If you would like further information or to enroll in class, please contact Stacy Dietrich at 651-647-0191 ext. 340 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, to begin the registration process, complete the form below: