¿Quieres aprender español? Do you want to learn Spanish?
The International Institute of Minnesota’s Spanish classes have moved online! This new opportunity allows you to achieve your language learning goals from anywhere.
You might be thinking, “Online? I don’t want to just watch videos; I learn best in a classroom setting where I can meet classmates and engage in direct interaction!” With Zoom, a platform that allows for video conferencing, you will be able to see, hear and interact with your teacher and classmates. Beyond just screen-sharing from a teacher, Zoom allows students the opportunity to share their own work with the class and interact with other students in small group breakout sessions.
- 5-week Summer Intensive: July 14 – August 13, 2020
- Classes meet twice a week on Zoom
- Beginning: Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- High Beginning/Intermediate: Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Advanced: Tuesday & Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Online Spanish Class Features
- Log in from the comfort of your home (pajamas acceptable)
- Connect to Zoom from anywhere with your laptop, tablet or phone and an internet connection
- Classes can be recorded, so if you miss class, your teacher can send you a link to the recording
- Zoom Breakout rooms allow you to split into small groups to practice a skill (also a great way to get to know your classmates)
- Screen sharing is a feature which allows your small group to share your screen and your work with the rest of the class
- $180 per session (20 classroom hours)
- Beginning students: purchase Spanish Now! textbook
- Advanced students: Crónicas de una muerte anunciada by Gabriel García Márquez (needed starting the second week of classes)
Register for Online Spanish Class
- For this session, we will be offering three levels of class Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced.
- We are asking new students to self-select their level. For example:
- If you’ve never taken a class, select Beginning.
- If you’ve taken some classes recently or many in the past, you would likely fit in Intermediate.
- If you’re comfortable communicating in Spanish but want more practice, sign up for Advanced.
- If you know which class level (Spanish Class Level Descriptions) you would like to proceed with, you may request to register for that class; levels offered will depend on student enrollment.
Contact: Kristin Nelson, email@example.com