¿Quieres aprender español? Do you want to learn Spanish?
The International Institute of Minnesota’s Spanish classes are moving online! This new opportunity allows you to achieve your language learning goals from anywhere.
You might be thinking, “Online? I don’t want to just watch videos; I learn best in a classroom setting where I can meet classmates and engage in direct interaction!” With Zoom, a platform that allows for video conferencing, you will be able to see, hear and interact with your teacher and classmates. Beyond just screen-sharing from a teacher, Zoom allows students the opportunity to share their own work with the class and interact with other students in small group breakout sessions.
Online Spanish Class Features
- Log in from the comfort of your home (pajamas acceptable)
- Connect to Zoom from anywhere with your laptop, tablet or phone and an internet connection
- Classes can be recorded, so if you miss class, your teacher can send you a link to the recording
- Zoom Breakout rooms allow you to split into small groups to practice a skill (also a great way to get to know your classmates)
- Screen sharing is a feature which allows your small group to share your screen and your work with the rest of the class
- April 14 – July 1, 2020
- Classes meet once a week on Zoom
- Beginning 1, Beginning 2/3: Tuesday, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Intermediate: Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- $200 per session (24 classroom hours)
- Beginning (1, 2, 3) students: purchase Spanish Now! textbook
- Intermediate 1/2 students: Crónicas de una muerte anunciada by Gabriel García Márquez (needed starting the second week of classes)
Register for Online Spanish Class
- If you are a new student looking for Beginning 1 courses, there is no placement test required for registration. Submit form below to register.
- If you have previous experience with Spanish, please take our online placement test; quiz passcode: IIMNSpanish
- If you need accented letters, copy/paste the following: á é í ó ú ñ
- Once you have your score, please submit registration form below.
- If you know which class level (Spanish Class Level Descriptions) you would like to proceed with, you may request to register for that class; levels offered will depend on student enrollment.
Contact: Kristin Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org