The International Institute of Minnesota’s Spanish classes have moved online! This new opportunity allows you to achieve your language goals from anywhere.
With Zoom you will be able to see, hear and interact with your teacher and classmates. Beyond just screen-sharing from a teacher, Zoom allows students the opportunity to share their own work with the class and interact with other students in small group breakout sessions.
- 5-week Summer Intensive Session: July 12 – August 13
- Classes meet twice a week on Zoom from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Conversation (All Levels Welcome!): Tuesday and Thursday with Luisana
- Culture & Travel – Americas (All Levels Welcome!): Tuesday and Thursday with Alain
- Next session: 10-week Fall Session: September 13 – November 19, 2021 (Registration will open August 2021)
- Leveled classes will resume
- Classes meet once a week on Zoom from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Online Spanish Class Features
- Log in from the comfort of your home
- Connect to Zoom from anywhere with your laptop, tablet or phone and an internet connection
- Classes can be recorded, so if you miss class, your teacher can send you a link to the recording
- Zoom Breakout rooms allow you to split into small groups to practice a skill (also a great way to get to know your classmates)
- Screen sharing is a feature which allows your small group to share your screen and your work with the rest of the class
- $180 per session (20 classroom hours)
Register for Online Spanish Class
Please self-select your level. If you’ve never taken a class, select Beginning. If you’ve taken some classes recently or many in the past, you would likely fit in Intermediate. If you’re comfortable communicating in Spanish but want more practice, sign up for Advanced. Questions? Email us.
If you know which class level (Spanish Class Level Descriptions) you would like to proceed with, you may request to register for that class; levels offered will depend on student enrollment.
Questions? Contact Stacy Dietrich Varney.