The International Institute of Minnesota’s Spanish classes have moved online! This new opportunity allows you to achieve your language goals from anywhere.
With Zoom you will be able to see, hear and interact with your teacher and classmates. Beyond just screen-sharing from a teacher, Zoom allows students the opportunity to share their own work with the class and interact with other students in small group breakout sessions.
- 10-week Winter Session: January 11 – March 19, 2021 (Registration now closed)
- Classes meet once a week on Zoom from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Beginning: Tuesday with Tanya
- High Beginning: Wednesday with Alain
- Intermediate: Wednesday with Amber
- Advanced: Tuesday with Luisana
- Pronunciation (All Levels Welcome!): Tuesday with Alain
- Conversation (All Levels Welcome!): Thursday with Luisana
Online Spanish Class Features
- Log in from the comfort of your home
- Connect to Zoom from anywhere with your laptop, tablet or phone and an internet connection
- Classes can be recorded, so if you miss class, your teacher can send you a link to the recording
- Zoom Breakout rooms allow you to split into small groups to practice a skill (also a great way to get to know your classmates)
- Screen sharing is a feature which allows your small group to share your screen and your work with the rest of the class
- $180 per session (20 classroom hours)
Register for Online Spanish Class
Please self-select your level. If you’ve never taken a class, select Beginning. If you’ve taken some classes recently or many in the past, you would likely fit in Intermediate. If you’re comfortable communicating in Spanish but want more practice, sign up for Advanced. Questions? Email us.
If you know which class level (Spanish Class Level Descriptions) you would like to proceed with, you may request to register for that class; levels offered will depend on student enrollment.
Spring registration will open in April 2021. Levels and class times to be determined.
Questions? Contact Kristin Nelson.