The Youth Enrichment and Support program offers free Relationships, Education, Advancement, and Development for Youth for Life (READY4Life) classes which provide individual case management and lessons on important life skills including building healthy relationships, stress reduction, conflict resolution and money management.
Upon completion of the class, students could receive a Workplace Communication Skills Certificate which can help you stand out to potential employers.
Please complete the form below to express your interest and to register for an information session to learn more about the program.
Upcoming information sessions are:
- Tuesdays from 10:00am – 10:30am
- Thursdays from 4:00pm – 4:30pm
If you are unable to attend a scheduled information session, please indicate that in the interest form below.
Upcoming online classes are:
- Tuesdays 9:00am – 10:00am from October 26 – February 8
- Wednesdays 3:00pm – 4:00pm from October 27 – February 9
- Thursdays 3:00pm – 4:00pm from October 21 – February 10
Additional classes will be scheduled depending on student availability. If you are interested in the program, complete the interest form below and we will work with you to plan a class that works with your schedule.
The class consists of 16 hours of curriculum that can be adapted to fit student’s schedules. For example, 1-hour a week for 16 weeks, 2-hours a week for 8 weeks or 4-hours a week for 4 weeks.
Class locations will be scheduled depending on student availability. Options include:
- Online via Zoom
- At the International Institute’s temporary location on Myrtle Ave in St Paul
- At your location (if you have a school or community organization that would like to host a class, we will work with you to discuss options for having a teacher travel to your site.)
If you are interested in the class, complete the interest form below and we will work with you to plan a class location that works for you.
Youth Enrichment & Support is open to refugee and immigrant youth and young adults ages 14-24, regardless of race, gender, nationality, marital status, legal status or length of time in the U.S.
💰 Participants can earn up to $95 in gift cards for participating!
- Build skills in communication, money management, conflict resolution and stress reduction in order to improve relationships in all areas of life
- Meet new people, network and make friends
- Practice your English language skills and expand vocabulary
- Work with a Case Manager who can help to connect you to resources (e.g. tutors, financial assistance, counseling, etc.)
- Earn gift cards and a Workplace Communication Skills Certificate
- Contribute to research that would benefit future immigrants and refugees
After submitting the form below, staff will reach out to you to confirm eligibility and provide further information, such as a link to the information sessions.
Questions? Contact Tanya Battista, Program Manager, 651-377-8660, firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this project was approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Grant Number 90ZD0004. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. These services are available to all eligible persons, regardless of race, gender, age, disability, or religion. The program is supported by the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI).