Medical Career Advancement at the International Institute of Minnesota provides counseling and tuition assistance to students furthering their education in a medical career.
- Candidate must hold a current Minnesota Nursing License and be familiar with the NCLEX format
- Candidate should be interested in working with immigrant and refugee populations
- Candidate should be able to communicate nursing concepts clearly and adapt to different learning styles
- Previous nursing teaching and/or tutoring experience is preferred but not essential
- Tutor adult immigrant nursing school graduates preparing to take nurse license exams (NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-LPN)
- 1-2 hours per week with specific days and times to be determined between student and mentor
Please use our online volunteer application