*All openings for this position are currently full. If you’re interested in applying now, we will contact you as soon as new positions open up. Thank you!
Medical Career Advancement at the International Institute of Minnesota provides counseling and tuition assistance to students furthering their education in a medical career.
- Candidate must hold a current Minnesota Nursing License and be familiar with the NCLEX format
- Candidate should be interested in working with immigrant and refugee populations
- Candidate should be able to communicate nursing concepts clearly and adapt to different learning styles
- Previous nursing teaching and/or tutoring experience is preferred but not essential
- Tutor adult immigrant nursing school graduates preparing to take nurse license exams (NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-LPN)
- 1-2 hours per week with specific days and times to be determined between student and mentor
Please use our online volunteer application