The International Institute of MN serves over 2,000 applicants each year with various Immigration benefits such as Citizenship, permanent residency, work authorization etc. The Volunteer Remote interpreter works to assist a variety of clients by interpreting Immigration applications and reviewing Immigration case processes with clients, and works with Refugee Services caseworkers during the resettlement process. The Volunteer Remote Interpreter helps clients during Immigration and Refugee Services appointments and works with caseworkers to do client follow-ups such as calling for upcoming appointments, next steps etc.
Seeking Interpreters for the following languages:
- Swahili – (Democratic Republic of Congo dialect)
- Fluent in foreign language and English
- Experience working or volunteering in a cross-cultural environment
- Comfortable with technology such as Zoom, Google hangouts etc.
- Comfortable interpreting via video conference or phone conference call
- Flexible opportunity – IIM appointment hours are between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM