NCLEX tutors work one-on-one with clients of the International Institute of Minnesota’s Medical Career Advancement program. You’ll be paired with a student who is in a nursing program or who is preparing to take the NCLEX exam to earn a nursing license and practice.
Length of tutoring meetings vary according to your schedule and the student’s needs. Typical tutoring meetings last 1-2 hours, with a minimum of three sessions.
Remote or in person (you choose)
- Assist nursing students to understand nursing concepts, help them understand nursing assignments, possibly proofread papers for nursing or grammatical errors, helping students study for nursing exams.
- Help the nurse graduate make a study plan for the NCLEX, check in with the student on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, and answer questions that arise during their self-study time. Troubleshoot difficulties that arise.
- Communicate with program director about how tutoring sessions are going.
- Currently hold a Minnesota Nursing License
- Interested in working with immigrants and refugees
- Able to communicate nursing concepts clearly and adapt to different learning styles
- Previous nursing teaching and/or tutoring experience is preferred, but is not essential
Make appointments with students at times that are convenient for you both.