Our International Medical Graduates program offers guidance, support and funding for immigrant physicians seeking to relicense or pursue alternate medical career training.
Services and financial support include:
- 1:1 career and academic advising
- Study support (exam materials and review courses)
- Financial coaching through the Institute’s Economic Empowerment services
- A community support group
- Licensing exam fee assistance
- Professional networking opportunities
- Employment navigation and career services
- Born outside the U.S.
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Graduated from medical school outside the U.S. or Canada
- Lives in Minnesota
- Wish to:
- Obtain a Minnesota medical license. Priority is given to those who want to provide primary care in rural or underserved areas of the state or;
- Pursue alternate medical career
The International Institute of Minnesota also offers English language classes, workforce skill development, immigration services and other wrap-around support.