Professional Leadership Training
Who Can Take Classes?
To qualify for our Professional Leadership class, you must:
- Be born outside of the United States
- Have worked in the U.S. for six months or have an advanced degree from your home country
- Have high intermediate or above English reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
About This Class
Here is a snapshot of what you will learn during Professional Leadership Training:
- Emotional intelligence: What is your leadership style? How do you work with others?
- Advanced customer service: How is it different in the U.S. than other cultures?
- Teaching and training employees: Learn and put into practice teaching and training techniques
- Networking: Develop your elevator speech, create or update your LinkedIn profile, and gain hands-on experience through informational and mock interviews.
- Financial coaching: Receive one-on-one, private coaching sessions to discuss budgeting, your credit score, identity theft and financial goal setting.
- Digital literacy: Integrated throughout the curriculum to learn and use Excel, Google Suite, and PowerPoint; polish your resume and write cover letters
- Presentation skills: Final presentation based on your informational interview with someone in your chosen field
Graduates are also eligible for a three-month paid internship with TPI Hospitality.
More Classes and Job Trainings
Citizenship and Immigration
We support over 2,000 refugees, asylees, and immigrants every year with citizenship and immigration help in Minnesota.Learn More
Learn how to buy a home, how to apply for a mortgage, and earn points off your mortgage rate in this one-time workshop.Learn More
All Classes and Job Trainings
Learn about our many free classes and job trainings that support your journey as a New American.Learn More