Free Employment Program for New Americans
The Housekeeping Training program prepares New Americans to work in the hospitality and cleaning industry (including nursing, office buildings and hotels) as housekeepers.
In this class students will learn:
- Proper cleaning & sanitation procedure
- Chemical safety
- Hospitality basics
- Guest communication
- Bed-making basics
- Job readiness & workplace safety
- Computer skills
- Speed skills
- Industry-specific English
After training, the Institute’s employment specialists provide employment assistance, placement and ongoing employment support. Wages range from $11/hour to $12/hour. This class meets MFIP hourly requirements.
Housekeeping Student Eligibility
- Be born outside of the United States
- Motivated to work in housekeeping after graduation
- Be able to read and write the English alphabet
Housekeeping Class Schedule
The six-week class runs four times throughout the year. Upcoming sessions:
- Sept. 21 – Oct. 30, 2020 (register by Sept. 16)
Classes meet Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at a Roseville-area hotel. Bus passes are provided; contact us for transportation help.
Register for Housekeeping Training
Questions? Contact Lynn Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-460-8659