- Corbett, Sara, “From Hell to Fargo: The Lost Boys of Sudan Land in America” The New York Times Magazine, April 1, 2001.
- Fadiman, Anne, The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down (Hmong vs. U.S. medical cultural practices) Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1997.
- Gardenswartz, Lee and Rowe, Anita, “The Managing Diversity Survival Guide: A Complete Collection of Checklists, Activities and Tips” Business One Irwin/Pfeiffer and Company, September 1994
- Loden, Mary “Implementing Diversity. Best Practices for Making Diversity Work in Your Organization” McGraw-Hill, August 1994
- Rasmussen,Tina, Roe, Richard “Diversity: The ASTD’s Trainer’s Sourcebook” McGraw-Hill, October 1995
Suggested Online Resources
- Center for Immigration Studies at www.cis.org
- National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights at www.nnirr.org
- University of Washington, “Ethnomed” – abundant ethnic and medical information about Seattle’s immigrant communities at www.ethnomed.org.
- United States Refugee Resettlement Program website – information about refugees and their preparation for life in the U.S. at www.culturalorientation.net