The International Institute of MN (the Institute) is authorized by the Department of Justice, Office of Legal Access Programs to provide immigration related services. Currently the Institute has two partially accredited representatives on staff that assist with completion of various immigration applications. Due to high demand for our service the Institute is pursuing accreditation for a third staff member.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide mentorship and direction to one Immigration Services staff member in their pursuit of partially accredited representative status.
• Meet regularly with Immigration Services staff member to provide case consultation and technical legal assistance, answer questions regarding immigration law and procedures.
• Write letter of recommendation for staff member’s accredited representative application (upon conclusion of time commitment).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS: Immigration Attorney in good standing. Attorney must have malpractice insurance through their place of employment and provide a Certificate of Insurance listing International Institute of MN as an additional insured for malpractice as International Institute of MN does not hold insurance for pro bono attorneys.
MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT:
• Meet monthly with Immigration Services staff member.
• Ability to commit for four months.