Internships are a vital part of supporting New Americans through the transition process to their new community in Minnesota. Individuals who have worked in or would like to gain experience in employment services, human resources, nonprofits, refugee services, placement agencies, or similar settings are encouraged to apply. Internships are unpaid and usually four months long with three terms in a year. At the Institute, we are flexible and willing to adjust interview dates, start dates, and assignments to accommodate your school’s internship requirements.
- Summer Term: May/June – August (Interviews in May)
- Fall Term: September – December (Interviews in August)
- Winter/Spring Term: January – April/May (Interviews in December)
Intern positions include:
- Certified Employment Counseling Assistant Intern, CNA/NAR Program
- Database Intern, Immigration Services
- Employment Intern, Refugee Employment Services
- Teaching Assistant & Job Readiness Intern, Hospitality Program
- Career Advancement Intern, Hospitality Program
- Housing Intern, Refugee Services
- Immigration Services Intern, Immigration Services
- Matching Grant Intern, Refugee Services
- Preferred Communities Intern, Refugee Services
- Program Evaluation Intern, Refugee Services
- Refugee Services Intern, Refugee Services
- Unaccompanied Children Social Work Intern, Refugee Services
- Pathway Teaching Assistant Intern, Hospitality & Careers Pathway Program
- Leadership Volunteer Intern, Hospitality & Careers Pathway Program
- Hospitality Volunteer Intern, Hospitality & Career Pathway Program
- CRA Class Intern, College Readiness Academy
We will be opening Fall 2022 Intern Applications on July 30th, 2022 and will close August 31st, 2022.
If you are interested in an internship, please complete our internship application.
If you have any questions, please contact Hayat Mohamed at HMohamed@iimn.org.