Internships are a vital part of supporting New Americans through the transition process to their new community in Minnesota. Individuals who have worked in or would like to gain experience in employment services, human resources, nonprofits, refugee services, placement agencies, or similar settings are encouraged to apply. Internships are unpaid and usually four months long with three terms in a year. At the Institute, we are flexible and willing to adjust interview dates, start dates, and assignments to accommodate your school’s internship requirements.
- Summer Term: May/June – August (Interviews in May)
- Fall Term: September – December (Interviews in August)
- Spring Term: January – April/May (Interviews in December)
Intern positions include:
- Database Intern, Immigration Services
- Employment Intern, Refugee Employment Services
- Family Reunification Intern, Immigration Services
- Teaching Assistant & Job Readiness Intern, Hospitality Program
- Housing Intern, Refugee Services
- Immigration Services Intern, Immigration Services
- Matching Grant Intern, Refugee Services
- Preferred Communities Intern, Refugee Services
- Program Evaluation Intern, Refugee Services
- Refugee Services Intern, Refugee Services
- Unaccompanied Children Social Work Intern, Refugee Services
Thank you for your interest in the International Institute! We will be accepting applicants for our Summer 2021 Internship program until April 15th. In order to ensure that your application is considered, we recommend getting your application in as soon as posible.
If you are interested in an internship, please complete our internship application.
If you have any questions, please contact Mahima Gupta at MGupta@iimn.org.