Internships are a vital part of supporting New Americans through the transition process to their new community in Minnesota. Individuals who have worked in or would like to gain experience in employment services, human resources, nonprofits, refugee services, placement agencies, or similar settings are encouraged to apply. Internships are unpaid and usually four months long with three terms in a year. At the Institute, we are flexible and willing to adjust interview dates, start dates, and assignments to accommodate your school’s internship requirements.
- Summer Term: May/June – August (Interviews in May)
- Fall Term: September – December (Interviews in August)
- Spring Term: January – April/May (Interviews in December)
Intern positions include:
- Database Intern, Immigration Services
- Employment Intern, Refugee Employment Services
- Events Intern, Development
- Family Reunification Intern, Immigration Services
- Hospitality Intern, Hospitality Program
- Housing Intern, Refugee Services (position on pause for Fall 2020)
- Immigration Services Intern, Immigration Services
- Matching Grant Intern, Refugee Services (position filled for Fall 2020)
- Preferred Communities Intern, Refugee Services (position filled for Fall 2020)
- Refugee Services Intern, Refugee Services (position on pause for Fall 2020)
- Unaccompanied Children Social Work Intern, Refugee Services (position filled for Fall 2020)
If you are interested in an internship, please complete our internship application.
If you have any questions, please contact Mahima Gupta at MGupta@iimn.org.