Internships are a vital part of supporting New Americans through the transition process to their new community in Minnesota. Individuals who have worked in or would like to gain experience in employment services, human resources, nonprofits, refugee services, placement agencies, or similar settings are encouraged to apply. Internships are unpaid and usually four months long with three terms in a year. At the Institute, we are flexible and willing to adjust interview dates, start dates, and assignments to accommodate your school’s internship requirements.
- Spring Term: January – April/May (Interviews in December--All Positions Filled for 2018)
- Summer Term: May/June – August (Interviews in May)
- Fall Term: September – December (Interviews in August)
Intern positions include:
- Employment Intern, Refugee Employment Services
- Family Reunification Internship, Refugee Services
- Health Intern, Refugee Services
- Housing Intern, Refugee Services
- Immigration Services Intern, Immigration & Citizenship
- Matching Grant Intern, Refugee Services
- Refugee Services Intern, Refugee Services
If you are interested in an internship, please complete our internship application.
If you have any questions, please contact Faith Loggers-Jamnik at FLoggers-Jamnik@iimn.org.