- Candidate should have a strong interest in learning about immigrant and refugee communities
- Candidate must have good written English
- Candidate should have experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Candidate should be familiar with computers and the Internet
- Candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team
Primary Duties Include:
- Assist refugee and asylee clients with various immigration applications including permanent residency (Green Card) and citizenship.
- Maintain contact with clients via telephone or in writing to support them during their immigration process.
- Complete case notes, update databases and complete immigration-related research.
- Respond to clients’ questions on various immigration procedures.
- Update curriculum for citizenship classes and complete small projects for other agency programs as needed.
- Take passport and immigration photos.
- Minimum of 12 hours/week for 4 months. Willing to consider less weekly hours if commitment can be made for more than 4 months.
- Most hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. as well as Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Complete the internship application form. Applications without resumes will not be accepted for this position.