Although our building is closed due to COVID-19, we are scheduling immigration appointments via phone and video (Zoom).
Call our office phone number to be screened: 651-647-0191 (Press 2 for Immigration).
- If you would like to apply for citizenship, begin the process online here.
- Apply by Dec. 20, 2020 for Liberian Green Card under LRIF
Each year, the Institute assists over 2,000 refugees, asylees, and immigrants with citizenship, lawful permanent residency, replacement of documents, and other immigration-related issues. The Institute is authorized by the Office of Legal Access Programs to provide immigration services.
Clients need to make an appointment for assistance. Call 651-647-0191 (press 2 for Immigration)
The Institute charges a nominal fee to assist with the following:
- Citizenship through Naturalization (N-400)
- Citizenship through Parent (N-600)
- Lawful Permanent Residency (I-485) for Refugees and Asylees
- Replacement of Green Card (I-90)
- Petition to Remove Conditions on Green Card (I-751)
- Employment Authorization (I-765)
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – DACA (I-821D)
- Refugee/Asylee Family Petitions (I-730)
- Diversity Visa Lottery
- Assistance temporarily unavailable for the following:
- Travel Document/Re-entry Permits (I-131)
- Replacement of Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization (N-565)
If further legal consultation is required or we cannot assist with a case, we may refer clients to a low-cost immigration attorney.