Free Nursing Assistant Training for New Americans
The International Institute of Minnesota provides high-quality and professional CNA training to new Americans who are seeking nursing job training. The Nursing Assistant Training program will give you the preparation and tools to start your career as a CNA. We are proud to be part of the solution to the caregiver crisis in Minnesota by filling critical labor gaps.
The CNA Training Program offers two hybrid trainings: a seven-week intensive training and an 11-week training. Placement for each training will depend on the English reading assessment.
Reading Assessments are held every Monday afternoon at International Institute of MN. Please arrive between noon – 1pm and stay for 2.5 hours.
Seven-week schedule: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 2:30pm
- May 8th – June 22nd (Registration closes April 24th)
- July 3rd – August 18th (Registration closes June 19th)
- September 6th -October 25th (registration closes August 21st)
- November 6th – December 20th (Registration closes October 23rd)
11-week schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 2:30pm
- April 3rd – June 16th (Registration closes March 20th)
- July 10th – September 22nd (Registration closes June 26th)
- October 2nd – December 15th (Registration closes September 18th)
We are currently accepting applications for the next training.
International Institute of Minnesota’s CNA Training Program
What to Expect from the CNA Training Program:
- Thorough and professional CNA training course
- Job-search assistance from our dedicated employment specialists
- Countless job opportunities post-graduation
- Hybrid scheduled: three days in person, two online.
The health and well-being of our staff, members, and their future patients is our number one priority. For this reason, all CNA Training applicants must have had the COVID vaccine.
To qualify for the CNA Training program, applicants must:
- Provide proof of permission to work in the US (refugee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen, or work authorization)
- Complete the Reading Assessment with a high intermediate level
- Be in good physical condition
- Provide proof of vaccination
- Applicants must provide their own computer and internet access to participate in online courses
- Applicants must be able to attend in-person clinicals and class days
Get started by joining us for a free information session!
How to Apply
- Register for an Information Session
- Receive instructions by email to complete the online English Reading Assessment
- Receive assessment scores to determine eligibility for the CNA Training program
- If eligible: submit the application provided to enroll in the CNA Training program!
- Nursing Assistant Training is free; there is no tuition
- $100 for the state Nursing Assistant Certification test
- Students are responsible for providing their own uniforms and transportation to and from clinicals