Enroll in high-quality, free certified nursing assistant (CNA) training at the International Institute of Minnesota and get help finding a job after graduation!
The Nursing Assistant Training program at the Institute prepares New Americans to work as certified nursing assistants in nursing homes and other health care facilities. Our dedicated employment specialists assist graduates with the job search process, and our employer partners provide countless job opportunities for our motivated graduates. We are proud to be part of the solution to the caregiver crisis in Minnesota by filling critical labor gaps.
CNA Training Schedule
- Register now for the September 1st reading assessment. This is the first step for the October to December 2021 session.
- Registration is CLOSED for July 7th to September 30th, 2021.
- Morning, afternoon and evening options available.
Four steps to apply
- To register for the online English Reading Assessment, complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- One month before session starts you will be emailed instructions on how to complete the online English Reading assessment.
- Staff will inform you if your assessment level is high enough to attend an information session.
- Submit the application provided to you after attending the information session.
To qualify for Nursing Assistant Training, an applicant must:
- Be an official refugee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or have permission to work in the U.S.
- Pass the Institute’s English test and be interviewed
- Speak and understand English well enough to succeed in class and communicate with staff and residents in the healthcare facilities where she/he will work
- Be in good physical condition
- Nursing Assistant Training is free; there is no tuition.
- Students pay $30 for a background check and $100 for the state Nursing Assistant Certification test.
- Students are responsible for providing their own uniform and transportation to and from class.
- 97% of graduates pass the Nursing Assistant state certification exam
- 87% of students are hired after graduation
- $14.59/hour is the average wage of our certified students, with opportunity for advancement
- Read our nursing assistant student stories
Registration is closed for our April through June 2021 training. You may submit your information below if you are interested in an upcoming session.