Enroll in high-quality, free certified nursing assistant (CNA) training at the International Institute of Minnesota and get help finding a job after graduation!
The Nursing Assistant Training program at the Institute prepares New Americans to work as certified nursing assistants in nursing homes and other health care facilities. Our dedicated employment specialists assist graduates with the job search process, and our employer partners provide countless job opportunities for our motivated graduates. We are proud to be part of the solution to the caregiver crisis in Minnesota by filling critical labor gaps.
CNA Training Schedule
Next Session: January 2021
- Full and part-time options available
- You may register in advance; we will be in touch in November 2020
- Fall 2020 registration now closed
How to Register
- To register, complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- You must take our online reading assessment. If you pass that assessment, you will be interviewed by a member of our program staff.
To qualify for Nursing Assistant Training, an applicant must:
- Be an official refugee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or have permission to work in the U.S.
- Pass the Institute’s English test and be interviewed
- Speak and understand English well enough to succeed in class and communicate with staff and residents in the healthcare facilities where she/he will work
- Be in good physical condition
- Nursing Assistant Training is free; there is no tuition.
- Students pay $30 for a background check and $100 for the state Nursing Assistant Certification test.
- Students are responsible for providing their own uniform and transportation to and from class.
- 97% of graduates pass the Nursing Assistant state certification exam
- 87% of students are hired after graduation
- $14.59/hour is the average wage of our certified students, with opportunity for advancement
- Read our nursing assistant student stories