About Our Class:
- Free Tuition & Course Materials
- Classes are held quarterly:
- Winter Session: January – March (registration now closed)
- Spring Session: April – June (registration in February, test on March 4, 2020)
- Summer Session: July – September (registration in May, testing in June)
- Fall Session: October – December (registration in August, test in September)
- Full time:
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (8 or 11 weeks depending on English level)
- Part time:
- Monday-Thursday, 3-8 p.m. (10 weeks)
- Plus, three full clinical days, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You must take our English test on March 4, 2020
- If you pass our English test, you will be interviewed by a member of our program staff.
- Registration will be open in February for the next entrance test. Please complete the form below to register; walk-ins also welcome.
- Please call Julie at 651-647-0191 x 314 with any questions.
- Employment counselors help you find jobs paying an average of $13/hour, with the opportunity for advancement.
- 98% of graduates pass the Nursing Assistant state certification exam.
- 81% of certified students are placed in jobs.
To qualify for Nursing Assistant Training, an applicant must:
- be an official refugee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or have permission to work in the U.S.
- pass the Institute’s English test and be interviewed
- speak and understand English well enough to succeed in class and communicate with staff and residents in the healthcare facilities where she/he will work
- be in good physical condition
- Training is tuition-free.
- Students pay $30 for a background check and $100 for the state Nursing Assistant Certification test.
- Students are responsible for providing their own uniform and transportation to and from class.