Enroll in high-quality, free certified nursing assistant (CNA) training at the International Institute of Minnesota and get help finding a job after graduation!
The Nursing Assistant Training program at the Institute prepares New Americans to work as certified nursing assistants in nursing homes and other health care facilities. Our dedicated employment specialists assist graduates with the job search process, and our employer partners provide countless job opportunities for our motivated graduates. We are proud to be part of the solution to the caregiver crisis in Minnesota by filling critical labor gaps.
CNA Training Schedule
- Next session: January 2021 (Registration now closed)
- Upcoming session: April to June 2021 (Register by Feb. 15, 2021)
- Full and part-time options available
How to Register
- To register for an intake exam, complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- You must take a English assessment. If you pass that assessment, you will then be interviewed by a member of our program staff.
To qualify for Nursing Assistant Training, an applicant must:
- Be an official refugee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or have permission to work in the U.S.
- Pass the Institute’s English test and be interviewed
- Speak and understand English well enough to succeed in class and communicate with staff and residents in the healthcare facilities where she/he will work
- Be in good physical condition
- Nursing Assistant Training is free; there is no tuition.
- Students pay $30 for a background check and $100 for the state Nursing Assistant Certification test.
- Students are responsible for providing their own uniform and transportation to and from class.
- 97% of graduates pass the Nursing Assistant state certification exam
- 87% of students are hired after graduation
- $14.59/hour is the average wage of our certified students, with opportunity for advancement
- Read our nursing assistant student stories
Registration is closed for our January 2021 training. You may submit your information below if you are interested in our April through June 2021 session.