The Dietary Aide Training prepares students to work in nursing homes or hospitals as servers.
In this class students will learn:
• Food Safety
• Infection Control
• Special Diets & Patient Orders
• Dialogues with Patients
• American Foods
• Customer Service Practices
• Practical experience serving and communicating with elderly
After training, the Institute employment specialists provide employment assistance, placement and ongoing employment support. Wages range from $11-$12/hour.
To qualify for this program, an applicant must:
• Be born outside of the United States (refugee, asylee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or survivor of trafficking)
• Be in good physical condition and want to work as a Dietary Aide
• Have conversational English skills
Dates and Times:
The four-week class runs two times throughout the year. Classes meet Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A bus pass is provided during class, and this training meets MFIP program hourly requirements.
Next class: Nov. 11 to Dec. 6, 2019
Contact Lynn Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org 651-647-0191 ext. 330