Dietary Aide Training is a free employment program for New Americans. This course prepares students to work in nursing homes or hospitals as servers.
In this class students will learn:
- Food safety
- Infection control
- Special diets & patient orders
- Dialogues with patients
- American foods
- Customer service best practices
- Northstar Digital Literacy
After training, the Institute employment specialists provide employment assistance, placement and ongoing employment support. Wages range from $11-$12/hour.
To qualify for this program, an applicant must:
- Be born outside of the United States (refugee, asylee, permanent resident, naturalized U.S. citizen or survivor of trafficking)
- Be in good physical condition and want to work as a dietary aide
- Have conversational English skills
- Have a computer or tablet with reliable internet access (we can help if you don’t have this; let us know)
A bus pass is provided during class, and this training meets MFIP program hourly requirements.
- Nov. 16 – Dec. 11, 2020
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Class will be taught online using Zoom video conferencing
- Register by Nov. 11
Contact: Lynn Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-460-8659